Failure to comply with any of these rules may result in disqualification at the discretion of the tournament regulators
Date and Time
The tournament will start on July 20, 2019, at 12:00 pm. Doors will open at 11:00 am. During this time, players may practice and setup player preferences on each system.
Please arrive at least 10 minutes before the start of the tournament to register with a tournament regulator. You will give your name and gamer tag you will be using during the tournament.
If you require any of the following preferences, please arrive at the tournament an extra 10 minutes early for each preference so tournament regulators have time to set preferences on every system:
- Custom Controls
- If you will be playing as a Mii Fighter
- If you bring your own controller other than a GameCube Controller or Nintendo Switch Pro Controller that may need additional setup
- Any additional accommodations that may require additional setup
Tournament regulators recommend the use of first party Nintendo GameCube Controllers and Nintendo Switch Pro Controllers. Some of these controllers will be provided. Players are encouraged to bring their own controllers, however, any controller with turbo/macro options are banned.
A player’s Mii Fighter must be consistent across all systems. Any Guest Mii may be chosen. Any name may be chosen. Headgear must be set to None. Outfit must be set to Standard Outfit. Any color may be chosen. Any moveset may be chosen. Voice must be set to Off.
All systems will be set up with the proper game settings by the tournament regulators. However, if you see any game setting misconfigured, please notify a tournament regulator.
The tournament will be using a double elimination bracket with a random seed.Set Procedure
Pausing and the Home ButtonPausing or pressing the home button is not permitted during gameplay. Accidental pressing of the home or pause button will result in forcing the player to lose a stock. If pressing the home or pause button causes the opponent of the player to lose a stock, the opponent automatically wins that game.Sportsmanship Profanity and excessive unsportsmanlike conduct will not be tolerated and could result in non-refunded expulsion from the tournament at the discretion of the Tournament Officials.Game Settings
- At the stage selection screen for round one, players will pick from and agree upon one of the legal stages.
- In the event that a consensus can’t be made, picking random will select one of the legal stages, but this should only be used as a last resort.
For future rounds, the winner of the previous round strikes two stages from the legal stage list. The loser then selects a stage that wasn’t struck this round. Stage strikes only apply to one round at a time, so a stage that was previously struck must be struck again in future rounds or else it remains as an available option.
- At the character selection screen, players select a character and the gamer tag they chose at registration. At a player’s request, a tournament regulator may be called over and the two players can privately tell the regulator their character choice for the round in order to prevent counter-picking.
Players play best-of-3 games, repeating steps 3 and 4 after each game. Once the tournament bracket has been reduced to 8 players, games will be best-of-5
- At the end of the set, players will report the winner of the set as well as the score to the registration table.
- Style: Stock
- Stock: 3
- Time Limit: 8:00
- Final Smash Meter: Off
- Spirits: Off
- Damage Handicap: Off
- Stage Selection: Anyone
- Items: None
- Random Stage Selection: Only stages in the Legal Stages list
- First to: 1 Win
- Stage Morph: Off
- Stage Hazards: Off
- Launch Rate: 1.0x
- Underdog Boost: Off
- Pausing: Off
- Score Display: Off
- Custom Balance: Off
- Echo Fighters: Separate
- Radar: Big
- Final Destination
- Lylat Cruise
- Pokémon Stadium 2
- Castle Siege
- Kalos Pokémon League
- Town & City
- Unova Pokémon League
- Yoshi’s Island (Brawl)
- Yoshi’s Story
All systems will be using the patch that is live at the date of the tournament.