Failure to comply with any of these rules may result in disqualification at the discretion of the tournament regulators
The tournament will start on September 29, 2019, at 12:00 pm. Doors will open at 10:30 am. During this time, players may practice and setup player preferences on each system. Any player arriving after 11:45 am will forfeit their place in the tournament and is not eligible for a refund.SetupControllers
Tournament regulators recommend the use of first party Nintendo GameCube Controllers and Nintendo Switch Pro Controllers. A small number of these controllers will be provided. Players are encouraged to bring their own controllers, however, any controller with turbo/macro options are banned.Mii Fighters
A player’s Mii Fighter must be consistent across all systems. Any Guest Mii may be chosen. Any name may be chosen that does not contain foul language. Headgear must be set to None. Outfit must be set to Standard Outfit. Any color may be chosen. Any moveset may be chosen. Voice must be set to Off.Game Settings
All systems will be set up with the proper game settings by the tournament regulators. However, if you see any game setting misconfigured, please notify a tournament regulator.Tournament RulesBracket
The tournament will be using a double elimination bracket.Set Procedure
Pausing and the Home Button
- At the stage selection screen for round one of a set, one player will strike two stages in the neutral stage list, and the other will pick from the remaining. The player who strikes will be decided by a coin flip.
- For future rounds, the winner of the previous round strikes two stages from the legal stage list. The loser then selects a stage that wasn’t struck this round. Stage strikes only apply to one round at a time, so a stage that was previously struck must be struck again in future rounds or else it remains as an available option.
- At the character selection screen, players select a character and the gamer tag they chose at registration.
- During the first round, at a player’s request, a tournament regulator may be called over and the two players can privately tell the regulator their character choice for the round in order to prevent counter-picking.
- During all other rounds, the player who won the last round picks their character first, then the player who lost picks theirs.
- Players play best-of-3 games, repeating steps 3 and 4 after each game. Once the tournament bracket has been reduced to 8 players, games will be best-of-5
- In tournaments with fewer than 16 players, matches will be best-of-3 until the bracket has been reduced to 4 players instead.
- At the end of the set, both players will report the winner of the set as well as the score to the designated tournament regulator.
Pausing or pressing the home button is not permitted during gameplay. Accidental pressing of the home or pause button will result in forcing the player to lose a stock. If pressing the home or pause button causes the opponent of the player to lose a stock, the opponent automatically wins that game.Sportsmanship
Profanity and excessive unsportsmanlike conduct will not be tolerated and could result in non-refunded expulsion from the tournament at the discretion of the Tournament Officials.Friendlies
At the discretion of the tournament regulators, unused systems will be opened up for friendly matches providing they do not disrupt the ongoing tournament play. All paid players are eligible to play friendlies, but cannot play more than one game at a time if there are others waiting to play.GAME SETTINGSRule Settings
- Style: Stock
- Stock: 3
- Time Limit: 8:00
- Final Smash Meter: Off
- Spirits: Off
- Damage Handicap: Off
- Stage Selection: Anyone
- Items: None
- Random Stage Selection: Only stages in the Legal Stages list
- First to: 1 Win
- Stage Morph: Off
- Stage Hazards: Off
- Launch Rate: 1.0x
- Underdog Boost: Off
- Pausing: Off
- Score Display: Off
- Custom Balance: Off
- Echo Fighters: Separate
- Radar: Big
- Final Destination
- Pokemon Stadium 2
- Town and City
- Kalos Pokemon League
- Lylat Cruise
- Yoshi’s Story
All systems will be using the patch that is live at the date of the tournament.